Want to learn more about EMDR? Listen to this interview with Jamie O’Neil who explains how EMDR works. Turns out it’s about a lot more than just eye movements. Learn more about “Bilateral Stimulation” and the rest of what goes into EMDR.
My Interviewee for this episode is Jamie O’Neil, LCSW-R, who can be contacted at 845-876-7600.
Resources on EMDR:
- The EMDR Institute
- The EMDR International Association
- Interesting Article on EMDR research here on the Mind Hacks site.
To listen to a psychologist with a critical point of view on EMDR, check out episode 41
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Second Edition: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures
- EMDR: The Breakthrough “Eye Movement” Therapy for Overcoming Anxiety, Stress, and Trauma
- Transforming Trauma: EMDR: The Revolutionary New Therapy for Freeing the Mind, Clearing the Body, and Opening the Heart
- EMDR in the Treatment of Adults Abused As Children