We often heard it said that teachers have to be actors today in order to keep the attention of today’s low attention span students. Well, in this episode I agree that teachers and actors do think alike in many ways – but not in the ways most people think. Join me as I explore how teachers and actors think alike in terms of objectives, obstacles, “raising the stakes”, and getting feedback from other actors/students.
Resources for this episode
- Click here to go to the Angry Alien site where you can see the 30 second version of It’s A Wonderful Life and other very funny movie re-enactments performed by animated bunnies.
- The Respect for Acting page at Amazon. The author is Uta Hagen.
- The Audition page at Amzon. Author: Michael Shurtleff.
- The True and False: Heresy and Common Sense for the Actor page at Amazon. Author: David Mamet.
- The Sanford Meisner on Acting site on Amazon.