Do you know your own "mate value" in the dating world? Curious about evolutionary psychology? In this interview with Dr. David Buss we discuss a number of interesting and controversial topics, such as the matching hypothesis and date rape. Are there evolutionary roots to the battle of the sexes and can we change our behavior? Find out in this interview.
- Click to download Dr. Buss’ article, The Great Struggles of Life.
- Dr. David Buss has an excellent website where you can learn more about him, his articles and books, and the Buss Lab, where his graduate students study evolutionary psychology.
- From the great site Academic Earth (lots of free videos from well known teachers around the world), here’s an interesting video of a lecture by Paul Bloom (Yale University) entitled "Psychology, Sex, and Evolution"
- Here’s the website for the Evolutionary Psychology journal.
- I’m a subscriber to the excellent Skeptoid podcast, written and hosted by Brian Dunning, and in episode 10 he gave an excellent primer on evolution theory.
- Dr. Todd K. Shackelford maintains the Evolutionary Psychology Lab site. Excellent resources can be found here.
- Lots of interesting information at this FAQ site for evolutionary psychology. The site "is maintained by Edward Hagen, formerly of the Center for Evolutionary Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara."
- Another site with lots of information about evolutionary psychology is maintained by the Center for Evolutionary Psychology.