In part 2 of my interview with David Buss, he responds to more criticisms of evolutionary psychology. Here’s what we cover: a) does evolutionary psychology just give criminals another reason not to take responsibility for themselves?, b) is all the research in evolutionary psychology done on American college students?, c) are evolutionary psychology theories falsifiable? We cover such topics as whether women’s mating strategies change depending on where they are in their menstrual cycle? and How does evolutionary psychology might explain homosexuality? and what does evolutionary psychology say about cultural differences in the desire for women with a low waist-hip ratio? All in this episode of The Psych Files.
Resources on Evolutionary Psychology
- David Buss’ Homepage
- Evolutionary Psychology: The New Science of the Mind
- The Evolution Of Desire – Revised Edition 4
- Why Women Have Sex: Understanding Sexual Motivations from Adventure to Revenge (and Everything in Between)
- Human Nature Today by David Brooks
- Why Do We Rape, Kill and Sleep Around? by Sharon Begley