Is cuddling good – especially for men – in marriage? Do baths make you feel less lonely, is Google really making you stupid, how does your body language affect your feelings, and….is that your cell phone vibrating? In this 2nd Psych Files brief I take a look at some of the more interesting psychological research circling around the web this past month.
I’ll talk about a favorite topic of many people – [easyazon-link asin=”8183220142″]body language[/easyazon-link] – and how your body posture can affect the way you feel. This is all part of the growing and fascinating subfield of Psychology called [easyazon-link asin=”0199204160″]Embodied Cognition[/easyazon-link].
Sources for this Week’s Brief
- Feeling Lonely? Have a Bath
- Kisses and cuddles make for happy men
- The extended mind – how Google affects our memories
- 10 Simple Postures That Boost Performance
- Phantom vibration syndrome among medical staff: a cross sectional survey
- Are You A Victim Of Phantom Vibration Syndrome?
- Why you think your phone is vibrating when it is not
Books on Body Language
[easyazon-block asin=”8183220142″ align=”left”]
[easyazon-block asin=”0071700579″ align=”right”]
Thanks to This Week’s Briefs Twitterers