One of the hardest challenges as we grow up is to know how we feel and to understand how others feel. The next step after we’re aware of our feelings is knowing how we’re going to best act on them. That’s the essence of Emotional Intelligence and in this episode, school psychologist and author Kyle Carlin talks about a book he has written called Bug and Boo. It’s a charming story about a young girl and her imaginary friend, but it’s also a tool to help parents, educators and therapists help youngsters recognize and deal with their own and others’ feelings.
Resources for this Episode
- The SchoolSyke website where you can buy Bug and Boo
- Breathe, Think, Do with Sesame Street: Android, iTunes
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- Dr. Anna Vagin on Using Games and VIdeos in Therapy (part 1)
- If You’re Emotionally Intelligent, Beware of the Downsides