The Psych Files is a Psychology podcast hosted by Michael A. Britt. The Psych Files is aimed at anyone curious about human behavior, though students taking a course in psychology, those majoring in psychology, and instructors of psychology will find the podcast particularly of interest.
Some facts about the podcast:
- The premier academic Psychology Podcast since January 2007.
- Consistently in the top 10 of the iTunes Higher Education category and the top 50 of the Education category.
- Each episode is downloaded more than 25,000 times.
- Over 4,500 episodes are downloaded every day.
- Total downloads for all the episodes are over 13 million worldwide.
- This website is linked to by thousands of high schools, colleges and universities around the world.
- Typical listeners are college students and their professors, critical thinkers and life-long learners.
- There are currently 12 apps in the Apple app store and 3 in the Google Android market which have grown out of the work here on this podcast.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
While I encourage you to link to any of the content on this podcast, the content must be attributed to The Psych Files and a link to this site should be provided. The content on this site is not to be used for commercial purposes.
Citing The Psych Files in Your Research:
Here are the APA guidelines for citing any of The Psych Files episodes in your research report:
Writer’s Last Name, Initials. (Writer), & Producer’s Last Name, Initials.
(Producer). (Year, Month Day). Title of podcast. Title of website or
program [Audio podcast]. Retrieved from URL
Britt, M. A. (Writer & Producer). (2009, June 7). Episode 97: Stanley
Milgram study finally replicated. The Psych Files Podcast [Audio
podcast]. Retrieved from http://www.thepsychfiles.com/
My goal with the podcast is to:
- Discuss current events in the light of psychological theories.
- Share observations of human behavior and tie them to ideas from psychology.
- Review recent research in psychology that is of interest to a wide audience.
- Interview authors and researchers about their work in the field.
I want to get you as excited and interested in psychology as I am. The approach I take to discussing psychology is informal and, hopefully, engaging.
The podcast is not intended for a particular psychology course, but will be useful to those taking any courses in psychology.
If you are a researcher in psychology and you have done a study that you think would interest the Psych Files audience feel free to contact me and let me know about it.
I invite you to listen to a few episodes and subscribe to The Psych Files in either iTunes or your favorite blog reader.
The Psych Files podcast is owned by Boots & Eddy Productions, LLC