Here are lists of my favorite books and apps for anyone interested in psychology. NOTE: these products were either created by me or are affiliate links to products I own and admire. This means that I will receive a small commission if you decide to purchase any of them.
Memorize the Parts of the Brain in Minutes
- Brain Mnemonics for the iphone (works fine on the ipad)
- Brain Mnemonics for Android smartphones (works fine on Android tablets)
Psychology Test Preparation Apps
- Psyc Test Hero for iPad
- Psyc Hero for iPhone & iPod
- Psyc Test Hero for Android Tablets
- Psyc Hero for Android Smartphones
Psychology News App
Here is a list of the tools I use every day to make me more productive:
- TextExpander: I don’t know where I would be without this tool. With Textexpander you can eliminate A LOT of things you type repeatedly. After only a week or so you will wonder how you got along with it. Very highly recommended
- Windows users: when I had a Windows machine I used PhraseExpander to do this kind of work and it is excellent. Believe me – you’ll be hooked on how much time you save using this tool after only a couple weeks.
- 1Password: who can remember all those passwords? Plus you want added security from this tool because it creates very strong passwords and even remembers them on your smart phone.
Must Have (and Good Reads) Psychology Books
- Forty Studies that Changed Psychology: Explorations into the History of Psychological Research (6th Edition)
- 50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology: Shattering Widespread Misconceptions about Human Behavior
- How To Think Straight About Psychology (9th Edition)
- Scientific Perspectives on Pseudoscience and the Paranormal
- The Memory Book: The Classic Guide to Improving Your Memory at Work, at School, and at Play
- The Relaxation Response
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion